Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Recent Travels

I recently spent a week in the Caribbean on our annual Spring Break cruise. (And apparently my brain is still on vacation, because I totally didn't realize it was my week to post until late yesterday...my apologies.)

Last year's cruise was one of those that if something could go wrong, it did. We had so many troubles. We seriously considered not taking a cruise this year, but I'm so glad we didn't follow that impulse because this year...everything went swimmingly. It was smooth sailing (no pun intended) the whole way. Although we did actually have one REALLY rocky day at sea. Luckily I was prepared this year with my seasickness meds, so it wasn't too bad. We had only one brief spot of rain (for about fifteen minutes while we were shopping), and all of the other days were gloriously sunny.

It was one of those vacations where I could literally sit and look out at the waves and do nothing and be perfectly content. I brought my Kindle, but didn't read much at all. I brought a notebook in case inspiration struck, but I didn't write anything in it. At home, I would be bored out of my mind just sitting around. On this cruise, it was the perfect thing to do. Most years, we can't wait to get off of the boat and back home. This year, neither one of us wanted it to end.

So, I thought I'd share some photo highlights of our trip. As you know, I'm very fond of armchair traveling, so I invite you to sail away with me from the comfort of your own home!

Conquest at anchor in Grand Turk

The turquoise waters and blue sky of Grand Turk

Plaza Independencia in the Dominican Republic

The view from San Felipe Fortress in the Dominican Republic

Sunset off the port side as we headed toward the Bahamas

Lighthouse at the entrance to the harbor in Nassau

Last night at sea with my virgin daiquiri

Air boating in the Everglades

We certainly had a lovely time. The total picture count was 599 (It was REALLY tough to narrow it down to the ones posted here.) so we'll be able to relive all of the memories we made and the sights we saw for many years to come.

Until next time,

Happy Traveling!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

5 comments:

  1. I am go glad your trip was enjoyable, Debra!
    Your pictures are welcome eye-candy for me in Minnesota. The last pile of snow just melted and the grass is remembering how to grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't have a lot of snow here in IL this year, but it still was really nice to look at the bright blue sky and turquoise waters for a week.

      Delete
  2. I love living vicariously through your vacation photos. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photos - and that's definitely the kind of vacation I'd love to have!

    ReplyDelete