Thursday, March 5, 2015

I is for Islands

Debra has a bad case of Spring Fever.

Three weeks from today I'll be cruisin' the southern Caribbean. Specifically we'll be spending the day in St. Kitts. Our tour will include stops at the 300 year old Brimstone Hill Fortress, Caribelle Batik Studios, and the capital city of Basseterre.

Other stops on this particular cruise are St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Tortola. The cruise is designated as a repositioning cruise, meaning we depart from Port Canaveral in Florida and return to San Juan in Puerto Rico. This caused quite a few problems with airline tickets as the itinerary was changed after we made our initial reservations, but Carnival really stepped up and offered us on-board credit for the fees we incurred while making the necessary flight adjustments. Which is fabulous, because the credit will pay for all of our shore excursions, with some left over as well.

I cannot wait to get away. Everyone around here seems to be sick, whether it's the sniffles I just can't shake, or the stomach flu, or even strep throat. I'm tired of looking at snow and ice. I am desperate need of some humid, tropical air to ease the constant dryness in my throat and of my skin.

We've been counting down since 75 days to go. Now we're at seventeen days. To say we're getting anxious and excited is an understatement.

We love exploring at all of our stops. We're not lay-around-at-the-beach-all-day people. When we're in port, we want to experience local history and culture. Vacation is not only a getaway for us, but a history lesson as well. When we took a cruise for our honeymoon, I eventually used the various ports we cruised to as the setting for Wild Wedding Weekend. Will I write another cruise story? Probably not, but perhaps I'll try a tropical island one some day. There's sure to be plenty of inspiration as we bask in the sun for an entire week.

Until then, I'm finishing up making transportation arrangements, gathering my wardrobe, and trying to be patient. I know the sooner it comes, the sooner it will be over, and I do want the anticipation and the adventure to last as long as possible.

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

Wild Wedding Weekend - available from The Wild Rose Press

All Abby Walker ever wanted was to live a normal life in her small suburban-Chicago house. After traveling around the world in her youth, staying put in one spot is a dream come true. But when she winds up on a game show as a favor to a friend, her life takes an adventurous turn she isn’t at all prepared for.

Noah Grant has put his small-town Indiana roots behind him. He travels all over the world, enjoying the freedom and adventure. He has no intention of settling down anytime soon, if ever. But then he finds himself married to Abby in a bizarre quirk of fate, and he realizes his life will never be the same. Their passion flares as hot as the sultry Caribbean air. But is passion enough to turn their Wild Wedding Weekend into a lifetime of love?


7 comments:

  1. As I sit looking out at the snow coming down, again, I am really, really envious of your upcoming trip, Debra. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were below zero wind chills again today. Ugh.

      Delete
  2. Sounds wonderful. Enjoy--and bring back some heat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bring some sunshine in a can! (We used to buy those a souvenirs from Florida...ha ha!)

      Delete
  3. Sounds fantastic, Debra - hope you have a fab time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time Debra. I wish I was coming with you.

    ReplyDelete