Thursday, February 27, 2014

Polishing Things Up

Debra is delighted with all of the changes going on around her.

Earlier this week I received the second round of edits for Family Secrets. My editor did a once-through a couple of weeks ago and sent the file back to me. I went through her comments with a fine toothed comb and make corrections, deletions, and additions where necessary and sent the mss back. This time through, the mss looks a little cleaner. It's been put into a different format and most of the track changes have been hidden. This makes it far easier to focus on new things that need to be attended to. I've done a cursory glance through and will sit down and tackle things in earnest over the weekend. But things are shaping up and looking great in the editing and polishing department.

On the home front I came home today and found my hubby had cleared out, cleaned, and scrubbed the upstairs bathroom. He'd also repainted all of the trim and the ceiling and is now working on the walls. This is a much needed polishing up, as the room was beginning to look a bit dingy around the corners. Now if I can only talk him into putting in the new floor...I just don't like the tile in there...this weekend, things will be jolly all around.


Pencils, pen, paper, and computers are the tools of my trade. Brushes, cloths, and cans are the tools of his. Each produces a lovely finished product. And isn't it so awesome to see the fruits of your labor shine? Pretty soon I'll have a brand new book ready to head out to my faithful readers, and I'll have a sparkling new bathroom, too. Gotta love it!

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

4 comments:

  1. I love the paint color in your bathroom, Debra. Purple is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coming home to see my husband doing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like everything is happening at once for you, Debra! Good luck with the edits - and good luck to hubby with the decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me, too, Ana. We also have an accent wall in our kitchen that's eggplant purple. I love it!

    Jen...it was a wonderful surprise!

    Paula, Isn't that how it usually happens? Everything at once, right?

    ReplyDelete