Thursday, February 2, 2012

L is for Logan

Logan Reed. I have a soft spot in my heart for him. He was my first.

My first hero that is.

My sister named him. As soon as she came up with it, I knew it was perfect.

He's the epitome of the quintisential romance hero. (At least in my mind.) Tall. Dark hair. Green eyes. He looks good in boots, Wranglers, and a cowboy hat. He drives a pick up and owns a ranch. He's a self-made, successful businessman.

But none of that matters to Sharlie. They were high school sweethearts until all of their dreams for the future were shattered. So she's none too pleased when he walks back into her life twelve years later. He presence threatens to destroy the life she's made for herself, but she can't get away from reminders of the past.

Logan has his own agenda. He's back in town to prove he's no longer the boy from the wrong side of the tracks. And he doesn't want Sharlie to forget what they once shared.

Excerpt:

Logan's strong arm encircled her waist, preventing her from falling.

Sharlie caught her breath as her body pressed against him. She raised her eyes to his.

The anger in his eyes turned to awareness. His breath hitched. The temperature in the tiny room rose.

Logan's gaze roamed every inch of her face, finally coming to rest on her lips.

Her pulse quickened, the beat thundering in her ears. They were so close she could feel the cadence of his heart. She sucked in a gasp of air.

His gaze met hers again. "I've tried to stop thinking about you like this. But I can't."

Sharlie licked dry lips, then cursed inwardly when the action drew his attention there once more. His head lowered.

"Don't," she managed.

"Don't what?" Logan's warm breath caressed her cheek.

"Don't kiss me."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want you to." Even to her own ears the protest sounded weak.

"Liar," Logan taunted.

"Please," she tried one last time, shaking her head in a vain attempt to deny the feelings coursing through her.

Logan cupped the back of her head, stilling the motion. "I have to." His words melted into a kiss as their lips met.

The gentle insistence of his mouth coaxed a response from her. Her lips parted, allowing the kiss to deepen. Their breath mingled. The moist heat made her knees buckle.

"Don't you remember?" Logan's husky voice whispered, as his lips left hers to trail down the column of her throat. "Remember how good it was."


Oh, yeah. And he's a good kisser.

You can read more about Logan in This Time for Always.



Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

4 comments:

  1. Love the excerpt! And I think we always have a soft spot in our hearts for our "firsts"! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, defninitely a good kisser! I love all my heroes in turn, my favourite is always the one I'm writing about at the time. Once the story is finished, I turn my full attention to my 'next' hero. I'm fickle like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Firsts" are unforgettable, aren't they, Jennifer?

    Paula, I'm with you. I never can really decide who's my favorite hero. I love them all whole-heartedly in turn...shh...don't tell my hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you'd keep loving this hero, Debra. He's perfect.
    I still love my first hero, too.

    ReplyDelete