Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Great Read


I have only one thing I want people to connect with my name as an author – a great read.   

If my readers consider I’ve given them that, then I shall know I got it right.  A heroine with whom they can empathise, a hero they can fall for, plus enough twists and turns in the plot to keep them reading until the believable and satisfying happy ending. 

And that’s why I was delighted to receive this email last Saturday from one of my American ‘West Wing fan’ friends who has read my fan-fiction stories in the past.  I can rely on her to give an honest opinion and, bless her, she must have been one of the first to download a copy of ‘His Leading Lady’.  With her permission, I quote from her email to me:


“I had to stay home today while we were dealing with plumbing problems. So I finished reading your story. It was a great read. (hip hip hooray!) The deeper I got into the story, I was kind of hoping that I wouldn't be called to help with the plumbing (I wasn't much) because I wanted to see how things ended. I've not read any books in the romance genre before, but I was assuming that there'd be a happy ending :-) so I was just enjoying all the obstacles you were throwing in front our heroine and wondering how you were going to work things out.
So congratulations with this novel and I look forward to your next one. I can't believe I have to wait more than 6 months.”

My first 'review' – and I’m over the moon!  A great read – that’s exactly what I want people to say about me and my stories! J

7 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Exactly! What more can an author wish for,except best-seller status. ;)

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Paula! Those are the kinds of things an author loves to hear from readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all. Just hope that any 'official' reviews are as good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great feedback! I'm sure there will be many more just like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos and congrats! Reader reviews are always the best. :)

    ReplyDelete