Monday, April 4, 2011

Music & Mind: emotions floating across the ether!

With eclectic taste in music, I'm nevertheless a classical music fan but of the sensual romantic kind. Take the overture for Sleeping Beauty, a touch of Romeo and Juliet, opera pieces too: La Boheme, Cosi fan tutte, and more. Yet, I love the occasional moment reflecting a smoke-filled cellar nightclub with lazy laid-back Saxophone music. All stimulate emotions in different ways, a tear here, sense of sadness, elation, love, rejection etc. All that aside, let the music speak for itself.



Morning by Andre Rieu: violin.




Romeo & Juliet

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful choice of music, Francine - thanks, I enjoyed listening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listen to classical music when driving. They say it boosts creative thinking.
    I wish it helped memory. I forgot completely to post yesterday. I worked on my WIP all weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, funny. My web blocker at school blocked your YouTube links! (I'm sure they were wonderful...I'll have to check them out when I get home.)

    I often play classical music in my classroom. It helps to calm the kids and keep them on task.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ana...good for you getting carried away with your WIP! Good luck....happy writing!

    ReplyDelete