Thursday, March 17, 2011

It Ain't Easy Being...Pink?

Here'a little excerpt from my recent holiday submission. Much of this part of the scene revolves around the color pink. Hopefully it gives a little peek into both of the characters, offers some description,...and it sets up some fun intimate conversations later on...involving more pink of course!

He stopped in front of her and smiled. “You’re the cutest snow-bunny I’ve ever seen.” He touched his finger to the tip of her nose.
The light contact sent a pleasurable shiver down her spine. She studied him in turn, then strove for a nonchalant tone. “You don’t look so bad yourself. Very James Bond,” she teased.
“Ha, ha,” he replied. His gaze skittered from hers. “Are you all set?”
“I think so. I’ve never done this before, so I might be missing something.”
“Let’s see. Pink snow pants. Check. Pink and white ski jacket. Check. Pink hat with pom pon ball. Check. Gloves?”
She made a face at his precise inventory. He better not ask about her long underwear. “In my pockets.”
“Pink?”
She put her hands on her hips, arms akimbo. “Is that a problem?” she sassed.
He winked at her. “Definitely not. Okay, so pink gloves. Check. Sunscreen and lip balm?”
“In a different pocket.”
“Super. Sunglasses or goggles?”
She held up her tinted glasses. “Check.”
“That’s the spirit.” He grinned down at her and rubbed his hands together. “Okay, then, it looks like we’re all set. My skis are in the rack outside, and we’ll rent you a pair when we get to the hill. Let’s go.” He put a hand in the small of her back and guided her toward the door.


It was one of those scenes that kind of wrote itself once I had a small glimmer of an idea. So, what do you think? Playful...or too much?

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

P.S. I'm out of town until Friday evening, so I'll check back when I return to comment on posts.

Until ne

3 comments:

  1. She's definitely a feminine woman. He's.....James Bond. Opposites attract.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Oooh, sounds utterly delightful and very pink! Love it.

    Does she have a pink fluffy dice hanging from her rearview mirror in her motor? ;)

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pink - but cute and playful too. I like it!

    ReplyDelete